Braveman Consulting is looking on behalf of its client for a DevOps Engineer.
Location: full-time remote
Company details: A Romanian company dedicated to building quality mobile games. They are a creative group of people sharing the same passion for creating great gaming experiences and connecting communities from all around the world. Since 2021 they are part of a worldwide gaming company.
Activity: Build mobile games to be used by players from all around the world. While doing this, you will:
• Be involved in testing and measuring hypotheses
• Be exposed to valuable learnings we get from users and data
• Maintain performance and reliability of the systems through DevOps toolkit;
• Continuous evolution towards Infrastructure as a Code through automation scripts and specific tools;
• Perform evaluation of infra requirements, design and build environments;
• Scale-up and scale-down to accomplish the balance between app need and infra capacity;
• Develop the monitoring of infrastructure and mechanisms for automated call-out;
• Develop and maintain the application monitoring through counters, API, log parsers;
• Develop and maintain application performance monitoring dashboards;
• On call activities for incidents.
• Linux fundamentals (LAMP, networking, standard services);
• Scripting (Python, Perl, PowerShell, Bash, etc);
• Container management and orchestration using Docker, Kubernetes;
• Infrastructure deployment toolkit: Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Puppet;
• Experience with MySQL (scaling, replication, tuning);
• Understanding of web applications architectures and knowledge of standard Web Servers (Nginx);
• Performance monitoring: Grafana, Prometheus, ELK, APM;
• Understanding of a CI/CD pipeline: TeamCity, Jenkins, Github Actions;
• Security concepts and practices to maintain the infrastructure environment;
• 3-5 years of experience in a previous role;
• Very good English knowledge.
• Performance-based bonuses;
• Innovation focused environment;
• Company retreats outside Romania once a year
• Attractive salary with private medical services and meal tickets;
• Work from home currently.
How you can grow with us:
• Build online games to be used by many players every day
• Have access to online courses to constantly improve your skills
• Understand how Lean / Agile Development works
• Be involved into testing and measuring interesting hypothesis
• Be exposed to valuable learnings we get from users and data in the gaming industry.
How will your results be measured?
• We care about how passionate you are about your work (we don’t like micromanaging)
• We’re interested in how fast you react to problems and what solutions you find to avoid these problems in the future. We measure how many people play and enjoy the games we build as this value reflects the work quality of each person in the team.